Thursday, September 13, 2007

Cal's Drafts

I was gone last week and regret missing the crit's most of all. Thanks for your feedback and ideas.

I really like embedding the Monday title in the repeating days of the week, but want to avoid a pattern that is so strong it detracts from the relevant information on the cover. I attempted to overcome this by fading them into the background.





For the Empty Words cover I was building on a pattern from nature (the two slit light experiment), but feel it might be too literal. I am thinking about extending the waves out through the whole cover, but have them break down at a certain point.

1 comment:

dJsLiM said...

Hey Cal, I really like your concept for cover one! I also like the rhythm of the words, too. It's got a nice gentle tempo to it

I do wonder if the letters are still a bit too strong. You may be able to make the shade lighter, and maybe even make the types smaller? As of right now it seems to fight a bit.

And for the spine, the type seems rather large? Does it fit into the 0.25 inch space? The rest of the cover seems to portray a gently tone, yet the spine has a rather bold feel to it, and it really grabs my attention. Is that your intention?